Deshmukh bags double crown in Malaysia
Ipoh: India`s Sahil Deshmukh bagged a double crown at the ITF Junior Grade 4 Tennis Tournament here in Malaysia Saturday.
The 16-year-old, who trained for a month in the US earlier this year, did not drop a single set en route to his title.
In the summit clash, Deshmukh defeated Uzbekistan`s Karimov Djurabeck 6-4, 7-5 to grab the title and 40 ranking points.
Later, Deshmukh teamed up with Djurabeck to get the better of Indonesian duo of Nuradim Ramdani and Armando C. Soemarno 6-1, 2-6, 10-6 in the doubles final.
Deshmukh will next play in a Grade 3 event next week here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report