Deshmukh bags double crown in Malaysia
Ipoh: India`s Sahil Deshmukh bagged a double crown at the ITF Junior Grade 4 Tennis Tournament here in Malaysia Saturday.
The 16-year-old, who trained for a month in the US earlier this year, did not drop a single set en route to his title.
In the summit clash, Deshmukh defeated Uzbekistan`s Karimov Djurabeck 6-4, 7-5 to grab the title and 40 ranking points.
Later, Deshmukh teamed up with Djurabeck to get the better of Indonesian duo of Nuradim Ramdani and Armando C. Soemarno 6-1, 2-6, 10-6 in the doubles final.
Deshmukh will next play in a Grade 3 event next week here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border