Deshmukh bags double crown in Malaysia
Ipoh: India`s Sahil Deshmukh bagged a double crown at the ITF Junior Grade 4 Tennis Tournament here in Malaysia Saturday.
The 16-year-old, who trained for a month in the US earlier this year, did not drop a single set en route to his title.
In the summit clash, Deshmukh defeated Uzbekistan`s Karimov Djurabeck 6-4, 7-5 to grab the title and 40 ranking points.
Later, Deshmukh teamed up with Djurabeck to get the better of Indonesian duo of Nuradim Ramdani and Armando C. Soemarno 6-1, 2-6, 10-6 in the doubles final.
Deshmukh will next play in a Grade 3 event next week here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you