Divij and Raja clinch first Challenger title in Kyoto
Kyoto: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja came from behind to win their first title ATP Challenger title of the season as the top seeded Indians tamed Miachel Venus and Sanchai Ratiwatana via Super Tie-breaker in the summit clash of the All Japan Indoor Championships, here on Saturday.
Divij and Raja dropped the first set but came back strong for a 5-7 7-6(3) 10-4 win in one hour and 24 minutes in the final against the second-seeded Thai-Kiwi combine.
The Indians split USD 2480 and earned 80 ranking points each for their win.
Left-handed Divij was playing his second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi