Divij and Raja clinch first Challenger title in Kyoto
Kyoto: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja came from behind to win their first title ATP Challenger title of the season as the top seeded Indians tamed Miachel Venus and Sanchai Ratiwatana via Super Tie-breaker in the summit clash of the All Japan Indoor Championships, here on Saturday.
Divij and Raja dropped the first set but came back strong for a 5-7 7-6(3) 10-4 win in one hour and 24 minutes in the final against the second-seeded Thai-Kiwi combine.
The Indians split USD 2480 and earned 80 ranking points each for their win.
Left-handed Divij was playing his second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users