Divij and Raja clinch first Challenger title in Kyoto
Kyoto: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja came from behind to win their first title ATP Challenger title of the season as the top seeded Indians tamed Miachel Venus and Sanchai Ratiwatana via Super Tie-breaker in the summit clash of the All Japan Indoor Championships, here on Saturday.
Divij and Raja dropped the first set but came back strong for a 5-7 7-6(3) 10-4 win in one hour and 24 minutes in the final against the second-seeded Thai-Kiwi combine.
The Indians split USD 2480 and earned 80 ranking points each for their win.
Left-handed Divij was playing his second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report