Divij-Purav in quarters of Leon ATP Challenger
Leon: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja made a good start to their campaign at the ATP Challenger event Leon, reaching the quarter-finals with a straight-sets win over tricky rivals Lee Hsin-Han and Peng Hsein-Yin.
The fourth seeded Indian team won 6-3 6-3 against Chinese Taipei opponents in the opening round of the USD 35000 hard court event.
The start could not have been better for the Indians as they broke the Taipei players in the very first game of the match. They broke again at 5-3 to race to first-set lead.
After first five games of the second set went with serve, Divij and Purav broke Lee and Peng in the sixth game to go up 4-2 and clinched the issue in the ninth game.
The Indians were terrific in service games, winning 86 percent points on first serve and 80 percent on second.
They will now fight it out with American James Cerretani and Adrian Menendez-Maceiras Spain for a place in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand