Divij-Purav in quarters of Leon ATP Challenger
Leon: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja made a good start to their campaign at the ATP Challenger event Leon, reaching the quarter-finals with a straight-sets win over tricky rivals Lee Hsin-Han and Peng Hsein-Yin.
The fourth seeded Indian team won 6-3 6-3 against Chinese Taipei opponents in the opening round of the USD 35000 hard court event.
The start could not have been better for the Indians as they broke the Taipei players in the very first game of the match. They broke again at 5-3 to race to first-set lead.
After first five games of the second set went with serve, Divij and Purav broke Lee and Peng in the sixth game to go up 4-2 and clinched the issue in the ninth game.
The Indians were terrific in service games, winning 86 percent points on first serve and 80 percent on second.
They will now fight it out with American James Cerretani and Adrian Menendez-Maceiras Spain for a place in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn
- Axis Bank raises Rs 2,430 cr from debentures
- 'GDP growth rate to be lower than CSO's forecast of 7.6% in FY16'