Divij-Purav make winning start at Mexico Challenger event
New Delhi: Aiming their second title of the season, Divij Sharan and Purav Raja made a confident start at the ATP Challenger event in Guadalajara, defeating Marco Chiudinelli and Yuichi Sugita in straight sets.
The unseeded Indian pair, who were runners-up last week at Leon, won 6-4 6-2 against the Swiss-Japanese combo in the first round of the USD 100,000 hard court event.
The Indians pocketed the first set after breaking Sugita`s serve in the third game. In the second set, they further imposed themselves on the opponents with back-to-back breaks -- fifth and seventh games.
Serving well throughout the match helped the winners` cause well as the Indian team did not face even a single break point. They won 84 percent points on first serve and 77 percent on second serves.
In all they won 57 points to 38 of their rivals.
However, they have a tough task at hand as they face third seeded formidable pair of Rajeev Ram and Benjamin Becker in the quarter-finals tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan