Divij-Purav win Kyoto ATP Challenger title
New Delhi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja on Saturday won their first ATP Challenger title of the season after overcoming the fighting Australian pair of Chris Guccione and Matt Reid in the final of the Shimadzu All Japan Tennis Championships in Kyoto.
Playing their third overall final together, the Indians recorded a 6-4 7-5 win against the Australians in the summit clash.
Before this title, Divij and Purav had ended runners-up at Seoul (2011) and Loughborough (2012).
Left-handed Divij and Purav broke Guccione`s serve in the fifth game of the opening set and maintained that lead to run away with the first set.
The momentum was broken when Purav was broken in the very first game of the second set and soon the Indians were trailing 3-5.
However, the Indians reeled off four games on the trot to clinch the issue. The win earned both of them 80 points each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!