Divij-Raja bow out of Mexico ATP Challenger
San Luis Potosi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja fought valiantly before losing to Marco Chiudinelli of Switzerland and Peter Gojowczyk of Germany in the semi-finals of the ATP Challenger event, here.
The Indians lost the last-four stage match of the clay court tournament 6-7(3) 7-6(7) 11-13 in little over two hours.
The two pairs broke each other twice in the first set to push the issue to a tie breaker in which the Swiss-German team prevailed.
The Indians clawed their way back in the match by winning the second set which was also stretched to a tie-breaker as the two pairs held their serves throughout.
Divij and Raja were trailing 3-6 at one stage but went on to win 9-7 to force a match tie-breaker.
The Indians yet again put up a good fight but lost the closely fought match tie-break. Divij and Raja won a total of 84 points to 92 of their opponents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them