Divij-Raja end runners-up at the UK Challenger event
Loughborough: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja had to be content with a runners-up finish at the ATP Challenger event here after losing the title clash in straight sets to James Cerretani of the USA and Adil Shamasdin of Canada, here.
The fourth seeded Indian pair lost the summit clash 4-6 5-7 to the third seed rivals.
The result meant that left-handed Divij now has ended runner-up for the sixth time this season.
He has won two Challenger titles in 2012 -- with Vishnu Vardhan at Thailand and at Busan with Yuki Bhambri.
Divij and Raja earned 80 points each and shared 2650 euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!