Divij-Raja end runners-up in Johannesburg Challenger
Johannesburg: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja had to be content with yet another runners-up finish after losing the title clash of the ATP Soweto Open to Prakash Amritraj and Rajeev Ram, here.
Playing their third final The second seeded Divij and Purav fought their heart out against an unseeded but a formidable Indo-American pairing before losing 6-7 (1) 6-7 (1) in the final of the USD 100000 hard court Challenger.
Divij and Purav had won the Kyoto event in March while they had ended runners-up last month in Leon, Mexico.
It was the first doubles title of the season for Prakash, who is based in US, along with Ram, who is a formidable doubles players with the rank of 46.
Ram had teamed up with India`s Rohan Bopanna for a brief period this season before the latter combined with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!