Divij-Raja end runners-up in Johannesburg Challenger
Johannesburg: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja had to be content with yet another runners-up finish after losing the title clash of the ATP Soweto Open to Prakash Amritraj and Rajeev Ram, here.
Playing their third final The second seeded Divij and Purav fought their heart out against an unseeded but a formidable Indo-American pairing before losing 6-7 (1) 6-7 (1) in the final of the USD 100000 hard court Challenger.
Divij and Purav had won the Kyoto event in March while they had ended runners-up last month in Leon, Mexico.
It was the first doubles title of the season for Prakash, who is based in US, along with Ram, who is a formidable doubles players with the rank of 46.
Ram had teamed up with India`s Rohan Bopanna for a brief period this season before the latter combined with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall
- Coldness grows between Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif – former couple not to work together anymore?
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water
- Selfie time! Alia Bhatt freezes frame with Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Shinde's team – Pic inside
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev