Divij-Raja end runners-up in Johannesburg Challenger
Johannesburg: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja had to be content with yet another runners-up finish after losing the title clash of the ATP Soweto Open to Prakash Amritraj and Rajeev Ram, here.
Playing their third final The second seeded Divij and Purav fought their heart out against an unseeded but a formidable Indo-American pairing before losing 6-7 (1) 6-7 (1) in the final of the USD 100000 hard court Challenger.
Divij and Purav had won the Kyoto event in March while they had ended runners-up last month in Leon, Mexico.
It was the first doubles title of the season for Prakash, who is based in US, along with Ram, who is a formidable doubles players with the rank of 46.
Ram had teamed up with India`s Rohan Bopanna for a brief period this season before the latter combined with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed