Divij-Raja end runners-up in Johannesburg Challenger
Johannesburg: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja had to be content with yet another runners-up finish after losing the title clash of the ATP Soweto Open to Prakash Amritraj and Rajeev Ram, here.
Playing their third final The second seeded Divij and Purav fought their heart out against an unseeded but a formidable Indo-American pairing before losing 6-7 (1) 6-7 (1) in the final of the USD 100000 hard court Challenger.
Divij and Purav had won the Kyoto event in March while they had ended runners-up last month in Leon, Mexico.
It was the first doubles title of the season for Prakash, who is based in US, along with Ram, who is a formidable doubles players with the rank of 46.
Ram had teamed up with India`s Rohan Bopanna for a brief period this season before the latter combined with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming