Divij, Raja in quarters of Claro Open
Bogota (Colombia): Divij Sharan and Purav Raja, playing their first ATP Tour level event together, scored a comfortable straight-set win over Emilio Gomez and Michael Quintero at the USD 638,085 Claro Open, here.
The fourth seeded Indian pair beat Gomez of Ecuador and Quintero of Colombia 6-2, 6-2 in the first round of the hard court tournament.
The Indians broke Quintero`s serve twice in the first set to pocket the first set.
They did not get a good start to the second set as Divij was broken in the first game and soon they were down 0-2.
However, they shrugged off the adverse start and won six games on the trot to win the set and the match.
Divij and Raja won 56 points to 29 of their rivals.
They await winner of the other first round match between the pairs of Vasek Pospisil/Nicholas Monroe and Fabiano De Paula/Sergio Galdos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions