Divij-Raja in quarters of Ortisei Challenger event
New Delhi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja scored an easy straight sets win over David Kostner and Patric Prinoth to move to the doubles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger event in Ortisei, Italy.
The top-seeded Indian pair beat the local pair 6-1 6-3 in the first round of the euro 64,000 hard court event.
Divij and Raja broke their rival thrice in the opening set and once in the second set.
They next play Martin Fischer of Austria and Peter Gojowczyk of Germany.
Both Divij and Raja had played singles qualifiers too went down in close matches in their respective final rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!