Divij-Raja in quarters of Ortisei Challenger event
New Delhi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja scored an easy straight sets win over David Kostner and Patric Prinoth to move to the doubles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger event in Ortisei, Italy.
The top-seeded Indian pair beat the local pair 6-1 6-3 in the first round of the euro 64,000 hard court event.
Divij and Raja broke their rival thrice in the opening set and once in the second set.
They next play Martin Fischer of Austria and Peter Gojowczyk of Germany.
Both Divij and Raja had played singles qualifiers too went down in close matches in their respective final rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress