Divij-Raja in quarters of Ortisei Challenger event
New Delhi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja scored an easy straight sets win over David Kostner and Patric Prinoth to move to the doubles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger event in Ortisei, Italy.
The top-seeded Indian pair beat the local pair 6-1 6-3 in the first round of the euro 64,000 hard court event.
Divij and Raja broke their rival thrice in the opening set and once in the second set.
They next play Martin Fischer of Austria and Peter Gojowczyk of Germany.
Both Divij and Raja had played singles qualifiers too went down in close matches in their respective final rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state