Divij-Raja in quarters of Ortisei Challenger event
New Delhi: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja scored an easy straight sets win over David Kostner and Patric Prinoth to move to the doubles quarter-finals of the ATP Challenger event in Ortisei, Italy.
The top-seeded Indian pair beat the local pair 6-1 6-3 in the first round of the euro 64,000 hard court event.
Divij and Raja broke their rival thrice in the opening set and once in the second set.
They next play Martin Fischer of Austria and Peter Gojowczyk of Germany.
Both Divij and Raja had played singles qualifiers too went down in close matches in their respective final rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users