Divij-Raja in semis of UK Challenger event
Loughborough (UK): The Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja entered the semifinals of the ATP Challenger event here with a convincing straight set win over Niels Desein of Belgium and Peter Torebko of Germany.
The fourth seed Indians broke their rivals early in both the sets to take a 6-3, 6-3 win in the quarter-finals of the Euro 42,500 hard court tournament.
Left-handed Divij, who made his Davis Cup debut against New Zealand recently, and Raja broke their rivals in the second game and maintained that advantage to pocket the first set.
Breaking Desein and Torebko in the very first game of the second set made the job easy for them and they closed the match by breaking the rivals again at 5/3.
They will now clash with the winners of the all-Briton match between top seeds Jamie Delgadoand Ken Skupski and Jaime Murray and Josh Godall.
The semifinals will be played on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan