Divij-Raja in semis of UK Challenger event
Loughborough (UK): The Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja entered the semifinals of the ATP Challenger event here with a convincing straight set win over Niels Desein of Belgium and Peter Torebko of Germany.
The fourth seed Indians broke their rivals early in both the sets to take a 6-3, 6-3 win in the quarter-finals of the Euro 42,500 hard court tournament.
Left-handed Divij, who made his Davis Cup debut against New Zealand recently, and Raja broke their rivals in the second game and maintained that advantage to pocket the first set.
Breaking Desein and Torebko in the very first game of the second set made the job easy for them and they closed the match by breaking the rivals again at 5/3.
They will now clash with the winners of the all-Briton match between top seeds Jamie Delgadoand Ken Skupski and Jaime Murray and Josh Godall.
The semifinals will be played on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi