Divij-Raja in semis of UK Challenger event
Loughborough (UK): The Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja entered the semifinals of the ATP Challenger event here with a convincing straight set win over Niels Desein of Belgium and Peter Torebko of Germany.
The fourth seed Indians broke their rivals early in both the sets to take a 6-3, 6-3 win in the quarter-finals of the Euro 42,500 hard court tournament.
Left-handed Divij, who made his Davis Cup debut against New Zealand recently, and Raja broke their rivals in the second game and maintained that advantage to pocket the first set.
Breaking Desein and Torebko in the very first game of the second set made the job easy for them and they closed the match by breaking the rivals again at 5/3.
They will now clash with the winners of the all-Briton match between top seeds Jamie Delgadoand Ken Skupski and Jaime Murray and Josh Godall.
The semifinals will be played on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan