Divij, Raja lose final again
Nottingham (UK): A second title of the season eluded Divij Sharan and Purav Raja yet again as they ended runners-up at the Nottingham Challenger after losing the tough summit clash to formidable Thai twin brothers Sanchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana, here.
The fourth seeded Indians lost the final 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 8-10 to the second seeded brothers` team.
Divij and Raja split euro 2,350 and earned 55 points each for making the title clash.
In the singles event Somdev Devarman had lost the semifinals to eventual winner Steve Johnson of the USA.
Divij and Raja were playing their fourth final of the season, having won the Kyoto event and ending runners-up at Johannesburg and at Leon, Mexio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'