Divij, Raja move to 2nd round of Wimbledon qualifiers
London: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja moved within a win from qualifying for the Wimbledon men`s doubles event after recording a comfortable straight set win here.
The Indian pair defeated Flavio Cipolla of Italy and American Wayne Odesnik 6-2 6-4 in the opening round of the qualifying event last night.
The match began in right earnest for the Indians as they broke Odesnik`s serve in the very first game. They again broke him again in the fifth game and went on to win the set.
In the second set, Divij and Raja broke Cipolla`s serve at two all and that lead stayed with them, comfortably winning the match.
They next play Andreas Haider-Maurer of Austria and Jiri Vesely of Czech Republic in the final qualifying round tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea