Divij, Raja move to 2nd round of Wimbledon qualifiers
London: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja moved within a win from qualifying for the Wimbledon men`s doubles event after recording a comfortable straight set win here.
The Indian pair defeated Flavio Cipolla of Italy and American Wayne Odesnik 6-2 6-4 in the opening round of the qualifying event last night.
The match began in right earnest for the Indians as they broke Odesnik`s serve in the very first game. They again broke him again in the fifth game and went on to win the set.
In the second set, Divij and Raja broke Cipolla`s serve at two all and that lead stayed with them, comfortably winning the match.
They next play Andreas Haider-Maurer of Austria and Jiri Vesely of Czech Republic in the final qualifying round tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song