Divij, Raja ousted from St. Petersburg Open
St Petersburg: Divij Sharan and Purav Raja suffered their second successive first round defeat as they bowed out of the St. Petersburg Open after a 6-7(6) 4-6 defeat against Russians Victor Baluda and Konstantin Kravchuk.
The Indian pair had also bowed out of the Luxembourg Challenger after the first round defeat. Before that they had a superb US Open campaign, where they reached round of 16.
The Indians had two set points in the first tie break but lost four straight points to hand lead to the local pair.
The two teams played solid serve games as no break featured in the first set. However, in the second set Divij and Raja dropped serve in the fifth on deuce.
Both teams went on to hold serves thereafter and the Russians walked away with the match.
In all, Divij and Raja saved seven of the eight break points they faced whereas the Russians saved both.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY