Divij, Raja reach final of Kyoto Challenger
Kyoto: The top seeded Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja reached their first final of the season together after overcoming a fighting combo of Toshihide Matsui and Danai Udomchoke in straight sets in the ATP Kyoto Challenger event, here Friday.
The Indians prevailed 7-6 (4) 7-5 over the Japanese-Thai pair in one hour and 24 minutes in the semifinals of the USD 40,000 event.
They will fight it out with second seeds, Thailand`s Sanchai Ratiwatana and New Zealand`s Michael Venus, who outclassed third seeded Taipei pair of Hsien-Yin Peng and Tsung-Hua Yang 6-0 6-2 in just 41 minutes in the other semifinal.
It will be left-handed Divij`s second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with compatriot Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use