Divij, Raja reach final of Kyoto Challenger
Kyoto: The top seeded Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja reached their first final of the season together after overcoming a fighting combo of Toshihide Matsui and Danai Udomchoke in straight sets in the ATP Kyoto Challenger event, here Friday.
The Indians prevailed 7-6 (4) 7-5 over the Japanese-Thai pair in one hour and 24 minutes in the semifinals of the USD 40,000 event.
They will fight it out with second seeds, Thailand`s Sanchai Ratiwatana and New Zealand`s Michael Venus, who outclassed third seeded Taipei pair of Hsien-Yin Peng and Tsung-Hua Yang 6-0 6-2 in just 41 minutes in the other semifinal.
It will be left-handed Divij`s second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with compatriot Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'