Divij, Raja reach final of Kyoto Challenger
Kyoto: The top seeded Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja reached their first final of the season together after overcoming a fighting combo of Toshihide Matsui and Danai Udomchoke in straight sets in the ATP Kyoto Challenger event, here Friday.
The Indians prevailed 7-6 (4) 7-5 over the Japanese-Thai pair in one hour and 24 minutes in the semifinals of the USD 40,000 event.
They will fight it out with second seeds, Thailand`s Sanchai Ratiwatana and New Zealand`s Michael Venus, who outclassed third seeded Taipei pair of Hsien-Yin Peng and Tsung-Hua Yang 6-0 6-2 in just 41 minutes in the other semifinal.
It will be left-handed Divij`s second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with compatriot Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees