Divij, Raja reach final of Kyoto Challenger
Kyoto: The top seeded Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja reached their first final of the season together after overcoming a fighting combo of Toshihide Matsui and Danai Udomchoke in straight sets in the ATP Kyoto Challenger event, here Friday.
The Indians prevailed 7-6 (4) 7-5 over the Japanese-Thai pair in one hour and 24 minutes in the semifinals of the USD 40,000 event.
They will fight it out with second seeds, Thailand`s Sanchai Ratiwatana and New Zealand`s Michael Venus, who outclassed third seeded Taipei pair of Hsien-Yin Peng and Tsung-Hua Yang 6-0 6-2 in just 41 minutes in the other semifinal.
It will be left-handed Divij`s second final of the season, having ended runner-up at Kolkata Challenger with compatriot Vishnu Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale