Djokovic advises Murray to be more aggressive to win elusive Slams
London: World number one player Novak Djokovic has advised Andy Murray to be more aggressive against top players.
The Serb said only a small margin was missing in the Brits’ game.
Djokovic urged Murray to be fearless and never show his opponent he is hurting on court no matter the pain he is going through.
Murray and Djokovic are of the same age and also came from the junior ranks together but the No.1 seed has now won five Grand Slams while the Scot is still to get off the mark despite reaching three finals and the last three Wimbledon semis.
“It’s just a small margin that is missing. There is a lot of expectation and pressure on his back and he has to fight that in the latter stages of events - in semi-finals, finals,” The Daily Mirror quoted Djokovic, as saying.
“And you have to go for your shots, especially against those top guys. If you don’t they will be the ones who take over the control and the pace of the match, and you don’t really have much chance from there,” she added.
“I have learned that - I haven’t done that for all my life. After I won my Australian Open - my first Grand Slam in 2008 - I struggled. I was very consistent with my results, but when I got to the semi-finals of Grand Slams I was losing practically 90 per cent or all the matches against Federer and Nadal, I just wasn’t managing to make that extra step,” he said.
Djokovic further added: “All those matches that I lost, they were quite close, I had my chances but I never stepped it up, and I never took the moment, that’s something I have learned. It’s a challenge mentally but you need to overcome it to be at the top.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'