Djokovic closes in on Nadal in latest ATP rankings following Sony Open win
Johannesburg: World No.2 Novak Djokovic has reportedly closed in on top-ranked Rafael Nadal in the latest men`s tennis rankings issued by the ATP following his Miami Masters win over the Spaniard.
Djokovic halved a deficit of almost 4 000 points four weeks ago with his second career Indian Wells/ Sony Open double-winner and on 11, 810 points is now less than 2, 000 points behind Nadal, who has 13, 730.
According to Sport24, Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland is third and Canada`s Milos Raonic returned into the top 10, up from 12 to 10, after gaining a place in the Miami quarter-finals.
ATP Top 10:
1. Rafael Nadal, Spain, 13, 730 points
2. Novak Djokovic, Serbia, 11, 810
3. Stanislas Wawrinka , Switzerland, 5740
4. Roger Federer, Switzerland, 5225
5. Tomas Berdych, Czech Republic, 4720
6. David Ferrer, Spain, 4640
7. Juan Martin del Potro, Argentina, 4260
8. Andy Murray, Britain, 3975
9. John Isner, United States, 2715
10. Milos Raonic, Canada, 2710
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android