Djokovic cruises into Shanghai Masters quarters
Shanghai: Novak Djokovic reached the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters here Thursday after beating Spain`s Feliciano Lopez in straight sets.
The players spent a little over an hour on the court before the World No.2 sealed a 6-3, 6-3 win.
The Serbian next faces either compatriot Janko Tipsarevic, seeded six, or German veteran Tommy Haas.
Meanwhile, fourth seed Tomas Berdych had to dig deep to defeat World No.22 Sam Querrey of the United States.
The Czech secured a tough 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-4 victory to book a quarterfinal encounter with fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tsonga had hit 11 aces to eliminate Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 6-2, 7-6(2).
"I feel like I am playing really good," Tsonga said after the match.
"It`s only now I started to play well so I hope I will continue to play like this. After all, of course for me London is a goal."
London will host the ATP World Tour Finals from Nov 5-12.
Tsonga is in a tussle with Tipsarevic for the eighth and final spot at the season finale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali