Djokovic cruises into Shanghai Masters quarters
Shanghai: Novak Djokovic reached the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters here Thursday after beating Spain`s Feliciano Lopez in straight sets.
The players spent a little over an hour on the court before the World No.2 sealed a 6-3, 6-3 win.
The Serbian next faces either compatriot Janko Tipsarevic, seeded six, or German veteran Tommy Haas.
Meanwhile, fourth seed Tomas Berdych had to dig deep to defeat World No.22 Sam Querrey of the United States.
The Czech secured a tough 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-4 victory to book a quarterfinal encounter with fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tsonga had hit 11 aces to eliminate Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 6-2, 7-6(2).
"I feel like I am playing really good," Tsonga said after the match.
"It`s only now I started to play well so I hope I will continue to play like this. After all, of course for me London is a goal."
London will host the ATP World Tour Finals from Nov 5-12.
Tsonga is in a tussle with Tipsarevic for the eighth and final spot at the season finale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border