Djokovic, Federer advance into Dubai quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dubai: Defending champion Roger Federer and Serbian Novak Djokovic moved into the quarterfinals of the Dubai Championships on Wednesday with straight set victories.
While Djokovic defeated Roberto Bautista-Agut of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (4), the Swiss outclassed Marcel Granollers 6-3, 6-4 comprehensively.
Djokovic who won three consecutive titles here from 2009-11, will now meet seventh-seeded Italian Andreas Seppi on Thursday. The Swiss legend on the other hand will meet former world No. 3 Russian Nikolay Davydenko.
The two champion players are likely to lock horns with each other in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!