Djokovic, Federer advance into Dubai quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dubai: Defending champion Roger Federer and Serbian Novak Djokovic moved into the quarterfinals of the Dubai Championships on Wednesday with straight set victories.
While Djokovic defeated Roberto Bautista-Agut of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (4), the Swiss outclassed Marcel Granollers 6-3, 6-4 comprehensively.
Djokovic who won three consecutive titles here from 2009-11, will now meet seventh-seeded Italian Andreas Seppi on Thursday. The Swiss legend on the other hand will meet former world No. 3 Russian Nikolay Davydenko.
The two champion players are likely to lock horns with each other in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Here comes a smarter search engine than Google!
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes 'Trip' of 'Udta Punjab' will make you more impatient for its release
- Separatist leaders in Kashmir join hands against colonies for Pandits
- Five reasons you should stop eating bread!