Djokovic, Federer advance into Dubai quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dubai: Defending champion Roger Federer and Serbian Novak Djokovic moved into the quarterfinals of the Dubai Championships on Wednesday with straight set victories.
While Djokovic defeated Roberto Bautista-Agut of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (4), the Swiss outclassed Marcel Granollers 6-3, 6-4 comprehensively.
Djokovic who won three consecutive titles here from 2009-11, will now meet seventh-seeded Italian Andreas Seppi on Thursday. The Swiss legend on the other hand will meet former world No. 3 Russian Nikolay Davydenko.
The two champion players are likely to lock horns with each other in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender