Djokovic, Ivanovic to join forces for Hopman Cup
Canberra: World No.1 men`s tennis player Novak Djokovic will join forces with former women`s No.1 Ana Ivanovic to play together for Serbia at the Hopman Cup starting Saturday.
The duo are top seeds for the $1 million tournament at the new Perth Arena, and will be competing in the event together for the third time, reports Xinhua.
Their first attempt at the unique mixed teams tournament was under the banner of Serbia and Montenegro in 2006 when they missed the final in favour of eventual champions Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond of the United States during the round robin stage.
In 2011, they went one better and qualified for the final, only for Ivanovic to be ruled out with an abdominal strain.
"Novak and I have been playing this tournament for a few years now, so we really hope we can take a step forward and this year go all the way," said the 12th-ranked Ivanovic, the 2008 French Open champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living