Djokovic, Ivanovic to join forces for Hopman Cup
Canberra: World No.1 men`s tennis player Novak Djokovic will join forces with former women`s No.1 Ana Ivanovic to play together for Serbia at the Hopman Cup starting Saturday.
The duo are top seeds for the $1 million tournament at the new Perth Arena, and will be competing in the event together for the third time, reports Xinhua.
Their first attempt at the unique mixed teams tournament was under the banner of Serbia and Montenegro in 2006 when they missed the final in favour of eventual champions Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond of the United States during the round robin stage.
In 2011, they went one better and qualified for the final, only for Ivanovic to be ruled out with an abdominal strain.
"Novak and I have been playing this tournament for a few years now, so we really hope we can take a step forward and this year go all the way," said the 12th-ranked Ivanovic, the 2008 French Open champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?