Djokovic, Ivanovic to join forces for Hopman Cup
Canberra: World No.1 men`s tennis player Novak Djokovic will join forces with former women`s No.1 Ana Ivanovic to play together for Serbia at the Hopman Cup starting Saturday.
The duo are top seeds for the $1 million tournament at the new Perth Arena, and will be competing in the event together for the third time, reports Xinhua.
Their first attempt at the unique mixed teams tournament was under the banner of Serbia and Montenegro in 2006 when they missed the final in favour of eventual champions Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond of the United States during the round robin stage.
In 2011, they went one better and qualified for the final, only for Ivanovic to be ruled out with an abdominal strain.
"Novak and I have been playing this tournament for a few years now, so we really hope we can take a step forward and this year go all the way," said the 12th-ranked Ivanovic, the 2008 French Open champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why