Djokovic, Ivanovic to join forces for Hopman Cup
Canberra: World No.1 men`s tennis player Novak Djokovic will join forces with former women`s No.1 Ana Ivanovic to play together for Serbia at the Hopman Cup starting Saturday.
The duo are top seeds for the $1 million tournament at the new Perth Arena, and will be competing in the event together for the third time, reports Xinhua.
Their first attempt at the unique mixed teams tournament was under the banner of Serbia and Montenegro in 2006 when they missed the final in favour of eventual champions Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond of the United States during the round robin stage.
In 2011, they went one better and qualified for the final, only for Ivanovic to be ruled out with an abdominal strain.
"Novak and I have been playing this tournament for a few years now, so we really hope we can take a step forward and this year go all the way," said the 12th-ranked Ivanovic, the 2008 French Open champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter