Djokovic, Murray to come out swinging on day four
Melbourne: Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray answer the bell for round two at the Australian Open on Thursday with neither expected to struggle on day four.
Djokovic, whose victory in Melbourne last year sparked a remarkable season in which he won three grand slam titles, beat Italian journeyman Paolo Lorenzi in just 92 minutes and will seek to make equally quick work of Colombia`s Santiago Giraldo.
While the Serb has quickly found his rhythm at Melbourne Park, Briton Murray had a rude awakening in the first round by going a set down to American Ryan Harrison before rallying for an ultimately comfortable victory.
But the world number four, the losing finalist here for the last two years, should be sharper against Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin as he seeks to put a smile on new coach Ivan Lendl`s face at Hisense Arena.
The Scot will hope to avoid a physically taxing match against the well-rested Roger-Vasselin, who advanced to the second round when Xavier Malisse retired after the first set of their encounter on Tuesday.
Also in action are Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, Ana Ivanovic and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers