Djokovic reaches Abu Dhabi final
Moscow: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated Spain`s David Ferrer to reach the final of a tennis exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi.
In the final, Djokovic will face either another Spaniard Nicolas Almagro or his own compatriot Janko Tipsarevic.
The Serbian star met little resistance from Ferrer, ranked fifth in the world, beating him in straight sets 6-0, 6-3 here Friday.
Reigning champion Djokovic lost only four points on his serve in the first set, before the Spaniard surged back and broke his opponent`s serve early in the second.
Djokovic retaliated at once taking the next four games to seal a confident win, just six weeks since beating Roger Federer for the ATP World Tour Finals title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan