Djokovic reaches Abu Dhabi final
Moscow: World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated Spain`s David Ferrer to reach the final of a tennis exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi.
In the final, Djokovic will face either another Spaniard Nicolas Almagro or his own compatriot Janko Tipsarevic.
The Serbian star met little resistance from Ferrer, ranked fifth in the world, beating him in straight sets 6-0, 6-3 here Friday.
Reigning champion Djokovic lost only four points on his serve in the first set, before the Spaniard surged back and broke his opponent`s serve early in the second.
Djokovic retaliated at once taking the next four games to seal a confident win, just six weeks since beating Roger Federer for the ATP World Tour Finals title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump