Djokovic reaches quarter-finals of Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Novak Djokovic came back from one set down to beak Argentine Juan Monaco 4-6 6-2 6-3 to book a place in the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters on Thursday.
Djokovic smashed his racquet after he lost the first set but regain composure soon after to dispatch the 15th rank Monaco.
"I hope the children watching don`t do that," a smiling Djokovic told a news conference, referring to his racket-smashing as quoted by a news agency. "But I show my emotions out there. That`s who I am.
In the women`s event, Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was the first to book her place in the quarter-finals after a 6-2 5-7 6-2 victory over Sorana Cirstea.
Serena and Venus Williams were both due on court later on Thursday while defending champion Maria Sharapova was scheduled to play Ana Ivanovic in the night match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!