Djokovic reaches quarter-finals of Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Novak Djokovic came back from one set down to beak Argentine Juan Monaco 4-6 6-2 6-3 to book a place in the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters on Thursday.
Djokovic smashed his racquet after he lost the first set but regain composure soon after to dispatch the 15th rank Monaco.
"I hope the children watching don`t do that," a smiling Djokovic told a news conference, referring to his racket-smashing as quoted by a news agency. "But I show my emotions out there. That`s who I am.
In the women`s event, Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was the first to book her place in the quarter-finals after a 6-2 5-7 6-2 victory over Sorana Cirstea.
Serena and Venus Williams were both due on court later on Thursday while defending champion Maria Sharapova was scheduled to play Ana Ivanovic in the night match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you