Djokovic reaches quarter-finals of Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Novak Djokovic came back from one set down to beak Argentine Juan Monaco 4-6 6-2 6-3 to book a place in the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters on Thursday.
Djokovic smashed his racquet after he lost the first set but regain composure soon after to dispatch the 15th rank Monaco.
"I hope the children watching don`t do that," a smiling Djokovic told a news conference, referring to his racket-smashing as quoted by a news agency. "But I show my emotions out there. That`s who I am.
In the women`s event, Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was the first to book her place in the quarter-finals after a 6-2 5-7 6-2 victory over Sorana Cirstea.
Serena and Venus Williams were both due on court later on Thursday while defending champion Maria Sharapova was scheduled to play Ana Ivanovic in the night match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016