Djokovic reaches quarter-finals of Rome Masters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Novak Djokovic came back from one set down to beak Argentine Juan Monaco 4-6 6-2 6-3 to book a place in the quarter-finals of the Rome Masters on Thursday.
Djokovic smashed his racquet after he lost the first set but regain composure soon after to dispatch the 15th rank Monaco.
"I hope the children watching don`t do that," a smiling Djokovic told a news conference, referring to his racket-smashing as quoted by a news agency. "But I show my emotions out there. That`s who I am.
In the women`s event, Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was the first to book her place in the quarter-finals after a 6-2 5-7 6-2 victory over Sorana Cirstea.
Serena and Venus Williams were both due on court later on Thursday while defending champion Maria Sharapova was scheduled to play Ana Ivanovic in the night match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened