Djokovic, Serena win ITF World Champions Award
Johannesburg: Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams are the International Tennis Federation`s world champions for 2013, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Djokovic captured the men`s award for the third successive year, and Williams took the honor for the fourth time.
Djokovic started the year by winning a third straight Australian Open and was runner-up at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, the report said.
The 26-year-old Serb finished the season No 2 in the ATP rankings with seven tour titles, the report added.
The 32-year-old Williams won the French Open and US Open in 2013 to end the year No 1 in the WTA rankings for the first time since 2009, the report further said.
American twins Bob and Mike Bryan were named men`s doubles world champions for the 10th time in 11 years, while Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy took the women`s doubles award, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional