Djokovic, Serena win ITF World Champions Award
Johannesburg: Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams are the International Tennis Federation`s world champions for 2013, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Djokovic captured the men`s award for the third successive year, and Williams took the honor for the fourth time.
Djokovic started the year by winning a third straight Australian Open and was runner-up at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, the report said.
The 26-year-old Serb finished the season No 2 in the ATP rankings with seven tour titles, the report added.
The 32-year-old Williams won the French Open and US Open in 2013 to end the year No 1 in the WTA rankings for the first time since 2009, the report further said.
American twins Bob and Mike Bryan were named men`s doubles world champions for the 10th time in 11 years, while Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy took the women`s doubles award, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what