Djokovic, Serena win ITF World Champions Award
Johannesburg: Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams are the International Tennis Federation`s world champions for 2013, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Djokovic captured the men`s award for the third successive year, and Williams took the honor for the fourth time.
Djokovic started the year by winning a third straight Australian Open and was runner-up at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, the report said.
The 26-year-old Serb finished the season No 2 in the ATP rankings with seven tour titles, the report added.
The 32-year-old Williams won the French Open and US Open in 2013 to end the year No 1 in the WTA rankings for the first time since 2009, the report further said.
American twins Bob and Mike Bryan were named men`s doubles world champions for the 10th time in 11 years, while Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci of Italy took the women`s doubles award, the report mentioned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife