Djokovic, Stepanek to open Davis Cup final
Belgrade: Serbia`s Novak Djokovic will face Radek Stepanek of holders Czech Republic in the opening rubber of the Davis Cup final starting here on Friday, following Thursday`s draw.
Djokovic, the world number two, will face 44th-ranked Stepanek on the hardcourt surface at the Belgrade Arena at 1500 GMT on Friday.
After that, Dusan Lajovic of Serbia will take on Tomas Berdych.
Lajovic has replaced Janko Tipsarevic, the world number 36, who has been ruled out with a heel injury.
In Saturday`s doubles, Serbia`s Ilija Bozoljac and Nenad Zimonjic are due to face the Czech Republic`s Jan Hajek and Lukas Rosol.
But the Czechs are almost certain to bet on Berdych and Stepanek for the doubles too as the two have lost only one of their 14 Davis Cup doubles rubbers together since teaming up in 2007.
In Sunday`s reverse singles, Djokovic will face Berdych and Lajovic will then take on Stepanek.
Serbia won their only Davis Cup title in 2010, beating France 3-2 in Belgrade.
The Czechs, playing their third final in five years, lifted the trophy last year after downing Spain 3-2 in Prague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!