Djokovic strolls into third round of Shanghai Masters
Shanghai: World No.2 Novak Djokovic breezed past Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria into the third round of the Shanghai Masters tennis event on Wednesday.
The Serbian lost just five points on serve as he won 6-3, 6-2 win against the World No.60. Now Feliciano Lopez awaits him in the third round after the Spaniard beat 16th seed Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany 6-3, 6-4.
Defending champion Andy Murray has reached the third round without yet appearing on court after his second-round opponent Florian Mayer retired from the tournament due to a rib injury, after a first-round bye for the Scot.
In the third round, Murray will encounter either 15th seed Gilles Simon or Ukraine`s Alexandr Dolgopolov Jr.
Fourth seed Tomas Berdych booked his place in the third round beating Italy`s Andreas Seppi 6-3, 6-3 and will now face Sam Querrey of the US, who upset Japan`s 14th seed Kei Nishikori.
World No.23 Querrey crushed Nishikori, who won the Japan Open last week, with his strong serve as he landed 20 aces on the way to a 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 victory.
Another seed fell as Canada`s Milos Raonic was eliminated by Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus.
Tie breaks decided the match as Raonic suffered a 7-6(4), (5)6-7, 7-6(3) defeat.
Baghdatis, ranked 36 in the world, will play either fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Benoit Paire of France in round three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?