Fabio Fognini extends German Stuttgart curse
Berlin: Italy`s Fabio Fognini bounced back to claim a 5-7, 6-4, 6-4 win in Sunday`s final of the Stuttgart ATP tournament as Philipp Kohlschreiber failed to break the 22-year-old German curse on the event.
Former Wimbledon champion Michael Stich remains the only German to have won the Stuttgart tournament in 1991 after Fognini, 26, converted his first match point after two hours to beat Kohlschreiber and claim his first win on the ATP tour.
Germany had been a happy hunting ground for the 29-year-old Kohlschreiber, who has won three of his four ATP titles on home soil, but his serve failed him in the final, giving his opponent 15 break points during the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof