Fed Cup: Australia play Germany in Brisbane
Brisbane: The Fed Cup semi-final between Australia and Germany will be held at the Pat Rafter Arena, Queensland Tennis Centre, here in April, Tennis Australia said Monday.
The tie will be staged over the Easter weekend of April 19-20 after Australia defeated Russia in Hobart in February to reach their first semi-final since 1993, reports Xinhua.
"I`m thrilled we`ll be playing the Fed Cup semi-final at Pat Rafter Arena in Brisbane. It`s a fantastic venue and I`m sure we`ll get great support from the terrific tennis fans in Brisbane," Australia`s Fed Cup captain Alicia Molik said Monday.
Australia and Germany have met 12 times in Fed Cup with Australia holding an 8-4 advantage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?