Federer and Nadal cannot be ignored despite early Wimbledon exits, says Murray
Edinburgh: Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray has said that tennis top players Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer cannot be ignored despite their recent early exits during Wimbledon.
According to the Scotsman, Murray opined that Nadal had come back from injury and made nine finals in a row, along with winning the French Open, and was not 100 percent fit when he played Wimbledon.
The Wimbledon Champion also said that he thought Federer would keep staying there in all of the Slams, if not as consistently as he was in the past because it was impossible to keep that up after ten years.
The Scot had cleared that he himself was in his prime and the game had changed dramatically since his first season the tour, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media