Federer and Nadal cannot be ignored despite early Wimbledon exits, says Murray
Edinburgh: Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray has said that tennis top players Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer cannot be ignored despite their recent early exits during Wimbledon.
According to the Scotsman, Murray opined that Nadal had come back from injury and made nine finals in a row, along with winning the French Open, and was not 100 percent fit when he played Wimbledon.
The Wimbledon Champion also said that he thought Federer would keep staying there in all of the Slams, if not as consistently as he was in the past because it was impossible to keep that up after ten years.
The Scot had cleared that he himself was in his prime and the game had changed dramatically since his first season the tour, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know