Federer beats Haas in 2012 final repeat
Halle (Germany): World No.3 Roger Federer of Switzerland Saturday avenged his defeat to German Tommy Haas in last year’s Gerry Weber Open final.
The Swiss advanced to his eighth successive final here with a 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory in the men`s singles semifinals.
The 31-year-old Federer is bidding to win his first ATP World Tour title of the season and will face either Mikhail Youzhny or second seed Richard Gasquet in Sunday’s final at this ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tennis tournament.
"It would be very nice to win any title during the season because it gives you incredible confidence. You know that you`re on the right track, you know you`re doing the right things, the hard work is paying off and your scheduling seems to make sense. Winning tournaments is everything," Federer said.
"For me, it would be great to win the final. It comes at the right time. If I don`t, I know I can still build on something because I`ve had a good few weeks so far. But, no doubt about it, I`ll try everything in my power to win tomorrow."
Having finished runner-up in 2010 and 2012, Federer is looking to reclaim the trophy he won from 2003-06 and 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets