Federer due in Australia Wednesday for Davis Cup
Sydney: Switzerland`s team manager has confirmed No. 3-ranked Roger Federer will arrive in Australia on Wednesday for the Davis Cup tennis tie against Australia starting Friday.
Federer will have little time to recuperate from Sunday`s five-set loss to Novak Djokovic in the US Open semifinals.
Manager Daniel Monnin was reluctant to talk about Federer at the Switzerland team`s media conference Tuesday, but said Federer would be in Sydney for the World Group playoff.
Stanislas Wawrinka, who lost in the second round at Flushing Meadows, said he is carrying a leg injury but was hopeful of being fit to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray