Federer excited by Nadal`s return to ATP tour
Washington: Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer has said he is excited by Rafael Nadal`s return to the ATP Tour, as he defends his Masters 1000 Series title at Indian Wells. Nadal, who missed a majority of last season with a chronic knee injury, made his comeback this year by playing in couple of clay court tournaments in South America, and this would be his first hard court tournament since returning.
World No.2 Federer, who is seeking his first trophy of 2013, is delighted Nadal is returning to the big time in California. Federer said he only just saw Nadal on Friday after his practice, adding he was really excited to see him again. Federer added they hadn`t had much contact, adding he thinks the Spaniard wanted to get away from it all, which he really understands. Nadal won the final tournament of his early season ``clay court swing`` in Mexico at the weekend and Federer took note, and Federer said he was really happy to see him doing so well in Acapulco, adding it`s great to see him here playing on the hard courts, and he hopes to catch up with him this week. Nadal, who is two-time former winner in Indian Wells, said he was in good shape for the challenge ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond