Federer, Nadal, Djokovic through to fourth round at Indian Wells
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: World number one Novak Djokovic beat Gregor Dimitrov in straight sets last night to advance to the fourth round at Indian Wells.
Djokovic began sluggishly and trailed 4-1 in the first set before switching on to brush aside the Bulgarian Dimitrov 7-6 (7-4) 6-1 as he kept gaining in confidence through the 67-minute long match.
He will now play American Sam Querrey in the next round.
Meanwhile, Federer and Nadal won their respective third round matches as well to remain on course to face-off at the quarter final stage.
World number 2, Federer, beat Croatia`s Ivan Dodig 6-3 6-1 in straight sets to advance to the fourth round without really breaking sweat. The 61-minute win means he will now play compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka for a place in the quarters where he could end up playing a resurgent Rafael Nadal.
Nadal, on his part, had an easy walk-over after his third-round opponent Leonardo Mayer withdrew with a back injury. He will now face Latvia`s Ernests Gulbis for a potential Federer clash in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report