Federer receives Swiss Athlete of the Year award for 5th time
Berne: Roger Federer has received the Swiss Athlete of the Year award for the fifth time, it was announced on his website.
Federer, 31, also clinched the award in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007.
"There is nothing more wonderful than receiving standing ovations in Switzerland," Federer said at the ceremony Monday.
"I do hope I can continue to spark emotions."
In 2012, Federer won his 17th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon and conquered new heights in breaking Pete Sampras` record of 286 weeks as World No.1, stopping at 302.
Switzerland`s Olympic triathlon champion Nicola Spirig was named the female Athlete of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug