Federer receives Swiss Athlete of the Year award for 5th time
Berne: Roger Federer has received the Swiss Athlete of the Year award for the fifth time, it was announced on his website.
Federer, 31, also clinched the award in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007.
"There is nothing more wonderful than receiving standing ovations in Switzerland," Federer said at the ceremony Monday.
"I do hope I can continue to spark emotions."
In 2012, Federer won his 17th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon and conquered new heights in breaking Pete Sampras` record of 286 weeks as World No.1, stopping at 302.
Switzerland`s Olympic triathlon champion Nicola Spirig was named the female Athlete of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested