Federer receives Swiss Athlete of the Year award for 5th time
Berne: Roger Federer has received the Swiss Athlete of the Year award for the fifth time, it was announced on his website.
Federer, 31, also clinched the award in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007.
"There is nothing more wonderful than receiving standing ovations in Switzerland," Federer said at the ceremony Monday.
"I do hope I can continue to spark emotions."
In 2012, Federer won his 17th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon and conquered new heights in breaking Pete Sampras` record of 286 weeks as World No.1, stopping at 302.
Switzerland`s Olympic triathlon champion Nicola Spirig was named the female Athlete of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him