Federer suffers shock defeat against Hewitt in Halle
Halle: Roger Federer suffered a shock defeat by Lleyton Hewitt in the final of the Halle grasscourt event on Sunday, losing 3-6 7-6 6-4 to the Australian.
The result was totally unexpected since six-times Wimbledon champion Federer had not lost a match at Halle since 2002, winning the title five times, and had beaten Hewitt in their last 15 showdowns.
Hewitt, a former Wimbledon champion himself, ended the two hour 20 minute contest when his forehand hit the net tape and dropped dead on Federer’s side.
Before Sunday, Federer had been defeated on grass just once since 2003, that coming in the 2008 Wimbledon final against Rafael Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?