Federer suffers shock defeat against Hewitt in Halle
Halle: Roger Federer suffered a shock defeat by Lleyton Hewitt in the final of the Halle grasscourt event on Sunday, losing 3-6 7-6 6-4 to the Australian.
The result was totally unexpected since six-times Wimbledon champion Federer had not lost a match at Halle since 2002, winning the title five times, and had beaten Hewitt in their last 15 showdowns.
Hewitt, a former Wimbledon champion himself, ended the two hour 20 minute contest when his forehand hit the net tape and dropped dead on Federer’s side.
Before Sunday, Federer had been defeated on grass just once since 2003, that coming in the 2008 Wimbledon final against Rafael Nadal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?