Federer to represent Del Potro, Dimitrov with new agency Team8
New York: Former No. 1 Roger Federer has decided to make a go of it in the sports representation business, teaming with his longtime agent Tony Godsick and two other American investors to form an agency called Team8, according to reports.
According to Tennis Magazine, the company will be based in Cleveland, Ohio, where Godsick lives with his wife, U.S. Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez, and their children.
Godsick and Federer left IMG in June 2012 and there have been rumors swirling since then that the 32-year-old Swiss tennis star was ready to plunge into the agency business, the report said.
Godsick was Federer`s agent at IMG before they both left the firm, the report added.
Team8 will not only manage much of Federer`s massive portfolio, but it has also has signed Juan Martin del Potro as a high-profile client, and according to Times has also taken on up-and-comer Grigor Dimitrov , who was once nicknamed Baby Federer, the report further said.
The other investors are said to be Ian McKinnon and billionaire Dirk Ziff, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred