Federer to represent Del Potro, Dimitrov with new agency Team8
New York: Former No. 1 Roger Federer has decided to make a go of it in the sports representation business, teaming with his longtime agent Tony Godsick and two other American investors to form an agency called Team8, according to reports.
According to Tennis Magazine, the company will be based in Cleveland, Ohio, where Godsick lives with his wife, U.S. Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez, and their children.
Godsick and Federer left IMG in June 2012 and there have been rumors swirling since then that the 32-year-old Swiss tennis star was ready to plunge into the agency business, the report said.
Godsick was Federer`s agent at IMG before they both left the firm, the report added.
Team8 will not only manage much of Federer`s massive portfolio, but it has also has signed Juan Martin del Potro as a high-profile client, and according to Times has also taken on up-and-comer Grigor Dimitrov , who was once nicknamed Baby Federer, the report further said.
The other investors are said to be Ian McKinnon and billionaire Dirk Ziff, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon