Federer to represent Del Potro, Dimitrov with new agency Team8
New York: Former No. 1 Roger Federer has decided to make a go of it in the sports representation business, teaming with his longtime agent Tony Godsick and two other American investors to form an agency called Team8, according to reports.
According to Tennis Magazine, the company will be based in Cleveland, Ohio, where Godsick lives with his wife, U.S. Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez, and their children.
Godsick and Federer left IMG in June 2012 and there have been rumors swirling since then that the 32-year-old Swiss tennis star was ready to plunge into the agency business, the report said.
Godsick was Federer`s agent at IMG before they both left the firm, the report added.
Team8 will not only manage much of Federer`s massive portfolio, but it has also has signed Juan Martin del Potro as a high-profile client, and according to Times has also taken on up-and-comer Grigor Dimitrov , who was once nicknamed Baby Federer, the report further said.
The other investors are said to be Ian McKinnon and billionaire Dirk Ziff, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?