Ferrer scrapes past Del Potro in London
London: David Ferrer won his World Tour Finals opener in London, beating Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro in a three-set see-saw.
The World No.5, who is enjoying his best-ever season with seven titles, had to dig deep to break his opponent`s resistance for a 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 win late Tuesday.
"It was a really tough match, it was very close and we had very good rallies," the 30-year-old Spaniard was quoted by the ATP website as saying. "I`m very happy with my game. Maybe this year, I am playing more aggressive with my shots."
Next up for Ferrer is Roger Federer, who beat Ferrer in the semi-finals last year, while the Argentinian faces Janko Tipsarevic.
"I will try to play better than today," Del Potro said. "It is going to be difficult match because Janko is a dangerous player. He moves so fast and he plays very, very solid on the baseline."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued