French Open 2012: Winning start for Novak Djokovic
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: World number one Novak Djokovic opened his French Open campaign with a 7-6, 6-3, 6-1 win over Italy’s Potito Starace to advance to the second round.
"Pressure is always present, and the way I look at it, it’s a privilege and it`s a challenge," Djokovic said. "So you need to try to understand and learn how to deal with it, and if you feel pressure, that means that you`re doing something that is right. So I`m happy - I`m happy to be where I am at this moment."
Djokivic will next face Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia, the world No 99, who ousted former Wimbledon champion Lleyton Hewitt in four sets.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy