French Open: Murray recovers from shaky start to defeat Richard Gasquet
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After losing the first set, Andy Murray made a good comeback as he defeated Richard Gasquet to register a win 1-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-2 in the fourth round of the French Open.
Gasquet played some phenomenal shots in the first set and his groundstrokes surprised Murray who gained momentum from the second set.
The Frenchman who bagged the first set in just 28 minutes had no answer to Murray’s attack from the second set onwards.
Murray is now all set for a quarter-final showdown with David Ferrer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea