French Open: Murray recovers from shaky start to defeat Richard Gasquet
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After losing the first set, Andy Murray made a good comeback as he defeated Richard Gasquet to register a win 1-6, 6-4, 6-1, 6-2 in the fourth round of the French Open.
Gasquet played some phenomenal shots in the first set and his groundstrokes surprised Murray who gained momentum from the second set.
The Frenchman who bagged the first set in just 28 minutes had no answer to Murray’s attack from the second set onwards.
Murray is now all set for a quarter-final showdown with David Ferrer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'