French Open: Petra Kvitova defeats Shvedova to reach semis
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: Petra Kvitova defeated Yaroslava Shvedova 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 to reach the French Open semi-final and will be facing second seed Maria Sharapova for a spot in the final.
"Every point that we played was really tough," Kvitova said as quoted by a nnews agency after beating Shvedova, who had won the first set. "I knew that I had to change my game."
"It wasn`t easy and I`m really happy that my serve helped me and I played my aggressive game again," added the left-handed Czech, who sent down five aces in the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng