French Open: Petra Kvitova defeats Shvedova to reach semis
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: Petra Kvitova defeated Yaroslava Shvedova 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 to reach the French Open semi-final and will be facing second seed Maria Sharapova for a spot in the final.
"Every point that we played was really tough," Kvitova said as quoted by a nnews agency after beating Shvedova, who had won the first set. "I knew that I had to change my game."
"It wasn`t easy and I`m really happy that my serve helped me and I played my aggressive game again," added the left-handed Czech, who sent down five aces in the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali