French Open: Sania-Bethanie hope to make a strong start
Paris: Having won the Brussels Open tennis event in their run-up to Roland Garros, India`s Saina Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands will be hoping to make a strong start at the French Open women`s doubles event beginning Tuesday.
Sania, who was a finalist here in 2011 with Russia`s Elena Vesnina, and Mattek-Sands take on the unseeded Argentine pair of Gisela Dulko and Paola Suarez in the first round.
Sania and Mattek-Sands are riding high on confidence after their title win at Brussels, where they beat Alicja Rosolska of Poland and China`s Zheng Jie in the final.
It was a relatively one-sided affair, with Mattek-Sands and Mirza, who were seeded fourth, dominating most of the time. This was the Indian`s second WTA doubles title in the season and her 14th overall.
Sania is having a good run. She won the Pattaya Open paired up with Australian Anastasia Rodionova while teaming up with Elena Vesnina of Russia, the Indian ace finished runners-up at Dubai and Indian Wells.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das