French Open: Sharapova moves into last eight
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: In a match that lasted for more than three hours, Maria Sharapova defeated Klara Zakopalova 6-4, 6-7, 6-2.
The unheralded Czech troubled the Russian on several occasions but could not maintain the rhythm when required.
Both the players had a tough time fighting against the windy conditions on Court Philippe Chatrier.
Sharapova will become the world No 1, if she manages to reach the finals of French Open 2012. She will also complete her grand slam if she goes on to win the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack