French Open: Sharapova moves into last eight
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: In a match that lasted for more than three hours, Maria Sharapova defeated Klara Zakopalova 6-4, 6-7, 6-2.
The unheralded Czech troubled the Russian on several occasions but could not maintain the rhythm when required.
Both the players had a tough time fighting against the windy conditions on Court Philippe Chatrier.
Sharapova will become the world No 1, if she manages to reach the finals of French Open 2012. She will also complete her grand slam if she goes on to win the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal