Arjun Kadhe in boys`s doubles quarters at French Open
Paris : Pune boy Arjun Kadhe and his Peruvian partner Jorge Brian Panta Herreros stormed into the quarterfinals of the boy`s doubles at the French Open with a 6-3, 7-6 (7/4) victory over third seeds Julien Cagnina and Luke Saville here Wednesday.
Ninteen-year-old Kadhe and Herreros dominated the first set, wrapping it up in just 20 minutes.
However, their higher ranked opponents were never going to cave in and fought back in the second as both teams managed to break their opponents twice.
Just when it looked like the Belgian-Australian duo were getting into their rhythm, Kadhe and his partner raised their game in the tie-breaker to set up a last eight clash against Australia`s Andrew Harris and Nick Kyrgios.
Kadhe is currently the Indian national doubles champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’