French Open: Paes-Vesnina beat top seeds to enter semis
Paris : Leander Paes and Elena Vesnina defeated top seeded duo of Max Mirnyi and Liezel Huber 4-6, 7-5, 10-5 to reach the mixed doubles semi-finals at the French Open tennis tournament here Tuesday.
India`s Paes and his Russian partner Vesnina came back from a set down to dispatch the Belarusian-American combine of Mirnyi and Huber in a quarter-final lasting 91 minutes.
The fifth seeds face Poland`s Klaudia Jans-Ignacik and Mexican Santiago Gonzalez for a place in the final.
Klaudia-Gonzalez too won their match in the super tie-breaker with a 6-4, 3-6, 10-5 scoreline.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza advanced to the last four Monday, beating second seeds Kveta Peschke and Mike Bryan in straight sets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing