Lleyton Hewitt gets wildcard for French Open
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt was on Wednesday been given a wildcard for the upcoming French Open later this month.
The 31-year old winner of two Grand Slam titles has made a quick recovery from a foot surgery he underwent in February and was expected to be back not before the start of grasscourt season.
"I`m thrilled to compete in the main draw of the French Open for the first time and test my game against the world`s best,” he was quoted as saying by a news agency
“Thank you to Tennis Australia for believing in me enough to give me this opportunity and I will do my best to make everyone proud,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali