Lleyton Hewitt gets wildcard for French Open
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Lleyton Hewitt was on Wednesday been given a wildcard for the upcoming French Open later this month.
The 31-year old winner of two Grand Slam titles has made a quick recovery from a foot surgery he underwent in February and was expected to be back not before the start of grasscourt season.
"I`m thrilled to compete in the main draw of the French Open for the first time and test my game against the world`s best,” he was quoted as saying by a news agency
“Thank you to Tennis Australia for believing in me enough to give me this opportunity and I will do my best to make everyone proud,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users