Milos Raonic defeated by Juan Monaco in five sets at French Open
Paris: Canadian Milos Raonic lost a five-set thriller to Argentina`s Juan Monaco on Saturday in the third-round of the French Open.
Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., lost 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-4 to the 13th-seeded Monaco.
Monaco will face Spain`s Rafael Nadal in the tournament`s quarter-finals.
Earlier, Toronto`s Daniel Nestor and partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus defeated Australians Paul Hanley and Jordan Kerr 6-1, 7-6 (0) in the second round of the men`s doubles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off