Milos Raonic defeated by Juan Monaco in five sets at French Open
Paris: Canadian Milos Raonic lost a five-set thriller to Argentina`s Juan Monaco on Saturday in the third-round of the French Open.
Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., lost 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-4 to the 13th-seeded Monaco.
Monaco will face Spain`s Rafael Nadal in the tournament`s quarter-finals.
Earlier, Toronto`s Daniel Nestor and partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus defeated Australians Paul Hanley and Jordan Kerr 6-1, 7-6 (0) in the second round of the men`s doubles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi