Milos Raonic defeated by Juan Monaco in five sets at French Open
Paris: Canadian Milos Raonic lost a five-set thriller to Argentina`s Juan Monaco on Saturday in the third-round of the French Open.
Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., lost 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-4 to the 13th-seeded Monaco.
Monaco will face Spain`s Rafael Nadal in the tournament`s quarter-finals.
Earlier, Toronto`s Daniel Nestor and partner Max Mirnyi of Belarus defeated Australians Paul Hanley and Jordan Kerr 6-1, 7-6 (0) in the second round of the men`s doubles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach