When 'backhand shot' backfired for World No. 1 Djokovic
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After playing extraordinary tennis for the last 14 months, the King of clay was too hot to handle for the World No. 1 Djokovic who had defeated Rafael Nadal in three consecutive grand slam finals.
Nole didn’t learn from his mistakes from the first day as he continued to be over-aggressive against Rafa, who was seeking a record seventh French Open title. As a result of over-hitting, Nole ended up netting on several occasions which further increased his frustration.
On Sunday, Djokovic often advanced to the nets and tried to play a cross backhand shot which on a number of occasions hit the nets. He had plenty of time to hit them for winners but he repeatedly tried the same shot and lost several crucial points.
Even on Monday, he continued playing the same shot and had to pay the price by losing the historic final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan