When 'backhand shot' backfired for World No. 1 Djokovic
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After playing extraordinary tennis for the last 14 months, the King of clay was too hot to handle for the World No. 1 Djokovic who had defeated Rafael Nadal in three consecutive grand slam finals.
Nole didn’t learn from his mistakes from the first day as he continued to be over-aggressive against Rafa, who was seeking a record seventh French Open title. As a result of over-hitting, Nole ended up netting on several occasions which further increased his frustration.
On Sunday, Djokovic often advanced to the nets and tried to play a cross backhand shot which on a number of occasions hit the nets. He had plenty of time to hit them for winners but he repeatedly tried the same shot and lost several crucial points.
Even on Monday, he continued playing the same shot and had to pay the price by losing the historic final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you