When 'backhand shot' backfired for World No. 1 Djokovic
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After playing extraordinary tennis for the last 14 months, the King of clay was too hot to handle for the World No. 1 Djokovic who had defeated Rafael Nadal in three consecutive grand slam finals.
Nole didn’t learn from his mistakes from the first day as he continued to be over-aggressive against Rafa, who was seeking a record seventh French Open title. As a result of over-hitting, Nole ended up netting on several occasions which further increased his frustration.
On Sunday, Djokovic often advanced to the nets and tried to play a cross backhand shot which on a number of occasions hit the nets. He had plenty of time to hit them for winners but he repeatedly tried the same shot and lost several crucial points.
Even on Monday, he continued playing the same shot and had to pay the price by losing the historic final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning