When 'backhand shot' backfired for World No. 1 Djokovic
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After playing extraordinary tennis for the last 14 months, the King of clay was too hot to handle for the World No. 1 Djokovic who had defeated Rafael Nadal in three consecutive grand slam finals.
Nole didn’t learn from his mistakes from the first day as he continued to be over-aggressive against Rafa, who was seeking a record seventh French Open title. As a result of over-hitting, Nole ended up netting on several occasions which further increased his frustration.
On Sunday, Djokovic often advanced to the nets and tried to play a cross backhand shot which on a number of occasions hit the nets. He had plenty of time to hit them for winners but he repeatedly tried the same shot and lost several crucial points.
Even on Monday, he continued playing the same shot and had to pay the price by losing the historic final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal