When 'backhand shot' backfired for World No. 1 Djokovic
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: After playing extraordinary tennis for the last 14 months, the King of clay was too hot to handle for the World No. 1 Djokovic who had defeated Rafael Nadal in three consecutive grand slam finals.
Nole didn’t learn from his mistakes from the first day as he continued to be over-aggressive against Rafa, who was seeking a record seventh French Open title. As a result of over-hitting, Nole ended up netting on several occasions which further increased his frustration.
On Sunday, Djokovic often advanced to the nets and tried to play a cross backhand shot which on a number of occasions hit the nets. He had plenty of time to hit them for winners but he repeatedly tried the same shot and lost several crucial points.
Even on Monday, he continued playing the same shot and had to pay the price by losing the historic final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital