French pair take doubles after 30-year wait
Julien Benneteau and Edouard Roger-Vasselin on Saturday became the first home pair in 30 years to win the French Open men`s doubles at Roland Garros.
The 11th seeds defeated Spain`s 12th-seeded Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez 6-3, 7-6 (7/1).
Yannick Noah and Henri Leconte were the last French pair to win their home title in 1984.
"When I was 10, 11, we went to the federation for some practice with all the other kids, and we slept here," said Benneteau.
"Some nights I would sit on the Chatrier alone and dream about just playing on this court.
"Now I have one of the best feelings."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday