Ganguly welcomes Paes' decision to play in Olympics
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday welcomed the decision by Leander Paes to participate in next month`s Olympics after threatening to pull out for being paired with lower-ranked Vishnu Vardhan.
"It`s a very good news that at the end of the day, he will be competing at the Olympics. He has shown the right attitude," Ganguly said.
Asked whether the treatment meted out to Paes was somewhat similar to his infamous spat with former coach Greg Chappell, Ganguly said, "The two are different issues. It`s unfair to compare both."
The AITA was forced to bow down to Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna`s wishes after they refused to play with Paes.
And about the Board`s firm stance on the contentious Decision Review System, Ganguly said, "DRS is not foolproof yet."
Citing the example of Ian Bell`s bizzare run-out decision in a Test against India last year, Ganguly said, "The Board`s stance is valid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason