Ganguly welcomes Paes' decision to play in Olympics
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday welcomed the decision by Leander Paes to participate in next month`s Olympics after threatening to pull out for being paired with lower-ranked Vishnu Vardhan.
"It`s a very good news that at the end of the day, he will be competing at the Olympics. He has shown the right attitude," Ganguly said.
Asked whether the treatment meted out to Paes was somewhat similar to his infamous spat with former coach Greg Chappell, Ganguly said, "The two are different issues. It`s unfair to compare both."
The AITA was forced to bow down to Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna`s wishes after they refused to play with Paes.
And about the Board`s firm stance on the contentious Decision Review System, Ganguly said, "DRS is not foolproof yet."
Citing the example of Ian Bell`s bizzare run-out decision in a Test against India last year, Ganguly said, "The Board`s stance is valid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal