Gasquet shocked by Chinese wildcard in Beijing
Beijing: Fifth seed Richard Gasquet of France suffered a shock defeat to wildcard Zhang Ze in the second round of the China Open.
World No.165 Zhang Ze converted all three of his break points to beat Gasquet, ranked 151 places higher, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 Thursday.
The Chinese player faces Germany`s Florian Mayer of Germany in the next round.
In the women`s draw, seventh seed Li Na of China progressed to the last eight of the tournament as she overpowered her compatriot Peng Shuai 4-6, 6-2, 7-6(3).
World No.8 Li Na plays defending champion Agnieszka Radwanska in the quarterfinal.
Fifth seed Angelique Kerber of Germany beat tenth seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 to set up a meeting with Maria Sharapova in the round of eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?