Gasquet shocked by Chinese wildcard in Beijing
Beijing: Fifth seed Richard Gasquet of France suffered a shock defeat to wildcard Zhang Ze in the second round of the China Open.
World No.165 Zhang Ze converted all three of his break points to beat Gasquet, ranked 151 places higher, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 Thursday.
The Chinese player faces Germany`s Florian Mayer of Germany in the next round.
In the women`s draw, seventh seed Li Na of China progressed to the last eight of the tournament as she overpowered her compatriot Peng Shuai 4-6, 6-2, 7-6(3).
World No.8 Li Na plays defending champion Agnieszka Radwanska in the quarterfinal.
Fifth seed Angelique Kerber of Germany beat tenth seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 to set up a meeting with Maria Sharapova in the round of eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment